Reboot Alberta

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year and Thank You!

The end of 2006 is just around the corner. I want to thank all the over 13,000 unique visitors who have visited and participated in this Blog since I started it on July 23.

I am enjoying the vitality of the conversations and am just starting to see the power and importance of this new communications medium.

I got involved at the urging of some other younger Bloggers around the PC leadership in Alberta. I intend to keep posting on politics and public policy. I also expect to expand the scope of this Blog into some specific area of key interest, including the tricky part of balancing a vibrant economy with environmental enhancement, not mere sustainability. Participatory, informed citizenship is another area of interest I will start to explore and comment on in the New Year too.

We will be doing much more collaboration with Policy Channel (www.policychannel.com) next year as well. There will be more links to more timely and informative conversations with experts and advocates in a range of public policy issues.

I will try to be provocative and fair and open to all comers and commentators – within the bounds of good taste and the law. I have only had to delete one comment since I started this journey and that was for reasons of legality.

So thanks for visiting, thanks for reading and I hope you keep coming back and telling your friends, family, colleagues and associates about this Blog. The more people who participate in a democracy, the wiser the “crowd” becomes and the better the system works.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Ken Chapman

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:20 pm

    Well, I'm happy to be the resident cranky poster. Hopefully there will be much to talk about this year; thanks Ken for hosting the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:33 pm

    Hi Jonathan - I can guarantee there will be lots to talk about this year. It will be of consequence too.

    I hope you will stalk the Policy Channel site as well. There is going to be more going on there than ever.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are discouraged. If you have something to say, the rest of us have to know who you are