Reboot Alberta

Monday, September 10, 2007

Does Chandler Have Opposition in Calgary Egmont Nomination?

Some efforts are starting to emerge to take on the Craig Chandler campaign in Calgary Egmont. I expect Mr. Chandler would be more comfortable in Link Byfield’s Wildrose Party not the Progressive Conservative Party of Alberta.

I smell something between political opportunism (a la Chandler) and real democracy (a la the August 29th posting by The Enlightened Savage) in the air.

If the Enlightened Savage is seriously into running for the Calgary Egmont PC nomination – I am behind him all the way.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:49 pm

    Jonathan Denis is running against Chandler. He seems to be pretty much cut from the same cloth as Chandler, but doesn't seem quite as out there. He's worked with Gerry Chipeur, and has been well-known for defending hard-right causes.

    http://www.jonathandenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:54 pm

    I don't know him but I visited his website. Anyone with an endorsement from Pierre Poilievre has to be pretty right alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:34 pm

    Jonathan knocked on my door this week. He seems like a pretty level headed guy and not "wacko" like Chandler. I am not PC but I am going to take out a membership and vote for him just so Chandler doesn't get in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is the nomination meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:39 pm

    I don't usually vote PC. That Jonathan knocked on my door the other night and he seems pretty level headed. I'm going to take out a membership just to ensure SOMEONE beats Chandler.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are discouraged. If you have something to say, the rest of us have to know who you are