Reboot Alberta

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Please CBC - Talk to Some Real and Representative Albertans

I know it’s late and I know you’re weary. But this Blogger (thoughtinterrupted) captured so much of what I saw and felt with Mr. Levant’s guest spot on Don Newman’s Politics show yesterday.

Not all of us Albertans - in fact the vast majority of us are not anything like Mr. Levant in terms of view and values. He sure does fit the bill for the wetsuit wearing Stockwell Day model of what too many in the central Canada media likes to portray as the “typical Albertan.”

Expand your Alberta based Rolodex Mr. Newman and do the province - and the country a favour.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 pm

    I felt the same way when various Liberal leaders professed to represent everyone's "Canadian values". They certainly did not speak for me on the world stage, but I had to live with it.

    I don't think you have to insult the intelligence of the Canadian public. Surely they don't think one person represents the values of over $3 million Albertans.

    Having some liberal on Mr. Newman's show would DEFINITELY not be a representative Alberta sample - after all, in the federal election, no liberal won a seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention - glad to see that I'm not the only one interested in shattering the stereotypes.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are discouraged. If you have something to say, the rest of us have to know who you are