Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jim Ford Is The Best Choice for Edmonton Sherwood Park

I want to write a supportive Blog post in support of Independent Conservative candidate Jim Ford who is running hard in the Edmonton- Sherwood area to replace the retiring Ken Epp. I have been beaten to blog posting on Jim by my friend at FusedLogic.

The nomination shenanigans that have been going on in this constituency seem by some as interference by the national Conservative Party in the local nomination process. I have no comment on that because I have no more information than what I have read in the MSM.

I just want to give some serious support to Jim Ford who is responding to the nomination funny business by stepping up to the plate and running as an Independent candidate. I have known Jim Ford for decades and have come to value him for his goods works in the membership we share in the Alberta Progressive Conservative Party.

He is a man of enormous energy, great wisdom and ability. He has shown courage in the face of adversity and shows a passion to his principles. He has demonstrated admirable qualities of personal integrity. He is no diva. He is a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of guy. I like him because he appreciates the need for a socially progressive role of government while keeping a sharp fiscal pencil to ensure accountability and value for taxpayer dollars. I like and admire Jim Ford as a person and how he stands up for fairness and transparency in politics.

Jim and I have more often to find ourselves on different routes and journeys, but we have always intent on the same goals. We have never disagreed on the overarching need for citizen’s to engage in political participation as the best way to empower our democracy to improve our government and to help improve people’s lives.