Reboot Alberta

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Don Braid on Decline of the PCs - He Gets It! Reboot Alberta Gathers Steam

In case you missed it, Don Braid's column in yesterday's Calgary Herald captures the essence of the erosion happening in and around the PC government in Alberta.  I appreciate his comments on my blog post about why I am leaving the Alberta PC Party

If the Wildrose is the viable option, we are in more trouble than we have already imagined.  We need a much different option to ensure we preserve, protect and progress in our Alberta.

Citizens are reclaiming responsiblity for how they are governed.  The growing interest in Reboot Alberta is proof of this re-emergence of informed and engaged citizenship.  I am working on my Reboot Alberta discussion paper on What is a Progressive in a 21st Century Alberta.  My theme is Citizenship=Stewardship.  I will post it here as well as on http://www.rebootalberta.org/

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18 pm

    The future is a true conservative party. A coalition of social conservatives, environmental conservatives, and fiscal conservatives. That party is the Wildrose Alliance.

    Do you not see the writing on the wall that this party will sweep to government in 2012? Even MP's like Rob Anders and national councillors like Vitor Marciano have come over to support this movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough said. If Rob Anders is a-coming... I'm a-running!

    It's better he's on whatever side I want to win against. You can only shoot yourself in the foot so many times before you blow a hole in the bottom of your own boat!

    Yay for Rob Anders! Bring him on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:22 am

    I like the Wildrose Alliance Party because they ARE right wing.

    What I don't like are religious whackos telling me how to run my life. It looks like Danielle Smith is going to keep these nutbars' extremist social views out of the party.

    It is also up to Albertans who have joined and are thinking of joining the WAP to help Danielle and smother out these religious fanatics by telling them that they are welcome to join but to leave the missionary work at home.

    I also agree that Anders is a twit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:19 pm

    Craig Chandler is also the Calgary organizer for the Wildrose Alliance. Doesn't look like they're suppressing that wing at all. Won't get my vote, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are discouraged. If you have something to say, the rest of us have to know who you are