Reboot Alberta

Friday, February 08, 2008

Daveberta and Ken Chapman Get Ready to Rumble on CITYTV Next Friday Morning

So the uber-Blogger Daveberta and I go head to head next Friday morning on CITY TV in Edmonton punditing and pontificating about things electoral in Alberta.

I am the PC but not like the one in the now famous Malcolm Mayes cartoon in the Edmonton Journal. My brand of PC is PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE.

If you are not familiar with the cartoon, you need to be. Dave is using all over his site as his personal Brand...kinda like Donald Trump's comb-over. Check it out there.

Round One starts live at 7:40 am on the Breakfast Show. Good thing I am a morning person.

Nice to see Hill & Knowlton (the competition…?) linking to this blog. Smart people hanging out over there.


YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

McCAIN is a lead pipe cinch for the Republican nomination and his VP nominee?

That will be Rudy Giuliani…count on it. Remember you heard it here first.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:01 am

    PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE = FEDERAL LIBERAL.

    I am a PC member and you certainly do NOT represent my views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uber blogger? what am I chopped liver?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:02 am

    Not a chance that Giuliani will be on the Republican ticket. Why would McCain select a northeast liberal who is pro-choice and pro-gay who would be sure to rile up his conservative base. I believe you are looking at someone like Charlie Crist or Mark Sanford.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:49 am

    Highly doubt it - he needs someone to appeal to the base conservatives and it simply is not Giuliani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear the comments about the need to appeal to the Conservative base(code for So-cons) but Huckabee has not galvanized them since Iowa even though he is clearly their guy.

    They seem demoralized directionless without Karl Rove to tell them what to think and how to vote.

    I think McCain will want another war hawk and Rudy fits the bill. He is also a big city - big state guy which McCain needs too.

    As for the Socons, McCain will run on his own credentials as anti-gay and anti-abortion. The Socons have no where to go and they are loathed to stay home. It won't be the first time people have had to hold their noses while voting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PC at 2:01 am - I am glad I don't represent your views. I am not trying to represent any view but my own. My goal is to aid and abet a real and resonant political and policy conversation.

    To that end - tell me more about your views - but please - not anonymously. If you are a Harper Con as well, I will forgive you for having to be anonymous. Harper has proven to be a nasty guy to dissidents.

    Freedom of speech for his party members only exists if you agree with the Emperor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eugene - yes you are chopped liver. And not as good looking as Dave and I either ;~}

    You have a face that is perfect for radio...call up Dave Rutherford - he could use some more of your brand of enlightenment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:35 pm

    "I am interested in progressive politics, citizen participation, real democracy and a full range of public policy issues from an Albertan and Canadian perspective."

    Forgive the reprint of the banner Ken but I though maybe a few people needed to be reminded of the intend of your blog.

    For those not aware Ken Chapman is a Progressive Conservative as am I and he speaks only for himself. From time to time his views and mine are in sync. When we are not we are still open to the discussion of the ideas.

    Cameron Donald

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are discouraged. If you have something to say, the rest of us have to know who you are